Tuesday, September 05, 2006

rainy miami

so i made it. miami's rainy and entertaining. yesterday when i arrived my roommate- stephanie age 28 from california arrived soon after. we soon met up with about 12 of us early arrivers and went to dinner then to south beach- miami's night scene. well... south beach is expensive and fun. it's quite a ways away from my hotel so we ended up riding in the cab of a semi. see one of the volunteers has a cousin who drives a truck and was making a delivery in miami last night (crazy latino disco and scantily clad women dancing very provocatively). i'm not sure if you've ever ridden in the cab of a semi but they are quite nice. leather walls and seats. a t.v. a microwave and spacious seating for the 8 of us that went out. the other volunteers are interesting of course we all have similar interests and concerns. noone else from kansas is in our group of 50 but tons from california. we have $140 to spend while we are here it will go very quickly though (breakfast this morning cost me $20) well people are waiting on the computer better go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun in Miami! I hope things are going well in the DR. Good luck Dear!!!!!

miss ya, Sarah

Anonymous said...

OMG becky ever time i look at the bracelet on my keychain beth gave me i cry... im so worried about you i know that youll be fine tho. im still trying to call megan in hopes that she is doing fine. i love you so much. we are all worried about you. just call us whenever you can i love you so much if you ever need anything i got a check ready with your name on it.

Anonymous said...

Wow learn to update...

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.