Friday, August 17, 2007

Hurricane Dean

Well Hurricane season has officially started with its first threat to the island. It seems as if Hurricane Dean is headed to visit my lovely home in the southwest peninsula. Don't worry, I've just recieved word that us pcvs here in the sw are being 'consoludated' in a hotel in a city inland. pc takes care of us. Now I just hope that my community and dog are alright. Many houses in my community are, well, less than stable. made of flimsy wood and zinc roofs that could be torn off. I just read about what Dean did to the islands in eastern carribean. hopefully Dean just skims us and my Peace Corps service doesn't turn into disaster recovery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The housing is basically wood or brick with rebar? The roofs are new or old?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.