Monday, June 11, 2007

La Guazara, I have arrived!

Quick update since i dont have much time left-
I love my new site- La Guazara! It's in the hills so it's a nice fresher, cooler change from the muggy carribean coast and the hot dry batey. Its very green (look at my updated photos at flickr) and there are so many mangos right now- i cant leave the house with out eating one. There are butterflys and horses and flowers (every 6 year old girls dream I know).
I'm getting to know people so quickly and theres a lot to do here. NGOs are already working there so lots of oppertunity for collaboration.
Theres a festival there on the 24th- the running of the horses. we all ride horses in the streets. thats as much as i know about it now, im assuming there is also rum and bachata music involved. i cant wait.
I love my new dog- pure bred 6 month old black lab named Babu (babosa means "big mouth"). Shes so spunky and never leaves my side.
Unfortuantely no cell reception. Sorry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey lil' lady- Good luck with the new place!! I'm sure they will all love you and welcome you in. When in doubt, sit on someone's bed...